Friday, November 5, 2010

It's been while...

Hello readers,

Ok, so it has been a really long time (a year!). Speed has never really been a part of my artist process, and in the meantime many life events came into the fold, but nonetheless, much progress has been made with the piece.

First off, the piece has mutated into a live performance using VDMX and Ableton Live. To control the software, I am using both a midi controler from Novation, and Touch OSC by Hexler.net on my iPhone, as well as using Soundflower to pipe audio from Ableton to VDMX, and using that input to modulate the picture.



Over the years, I had a growing desire to explore live audio/visual performance, and in the lapse of time since updating this blog, I've been busy exploring the possibilties.  I really like the performative aspect of playing live, developing and rehearsing a set, and the "danger" involved in a live context.

I know this post is a bit a digression given that this is supposed to be about DIY 3D, but I thought I would (finally) update this page with the work that I have been doing, and explain the how the piece has evolved. I will be back very shortly (promise, it's rendering right now!) and explain the developments in regards to the 3D.  In the meantime, here's some footage of a few live performances I did over the last little while. Enjoy and thanks for your patience.



No comments:

Post a Comment